Univerity of Wisconsin-Madison Accommodated Testing Information
Testing and Evaluation Services offers proctoring services for UW-Madison classroom exams for students with a valid McBurney VISA. If you are a student interested in taking an accommodated exam at our office or if you are an instructor interested in having your students take their accommodated exams at our location, please review the information below.
Location and Contact Information:
Testing & Evaluation Services, Test Administration Lab
341 Educational Sciences Bldg
1025 W Johnson St
Madison WI 53706
Testing & Evaluation Services, Main Office
373 Educational Sciences Bldg
1025 W Johnson St
Madison WI 53706
Hours of Operation:
- Test proctoring is available Mon-Fri, 7:45am-10:00pm by appointment only. All testing must be completed by 10:00pm.
- The main office in room 373 is open Mon-Fri, 7:45am-4:30pm for exam drop off or pick up.
- We will have extended hours of 7:00am-11:00pm for the entire UW-Madison final exam week.
- Testing and Evaluation Services is closed for all legal holidays.
- All requests must be initiated by the student at least 7 days prior to the exam date.
- Once you make your request, an email will be sent to your instructor based on the UW netID you provided.
- Your instructor will need to approve the request at least 3 days in advance of the exam date.
- If you have not received a confirmation email, your instructor has not approved the request. Contact your instructor to have him/her approve the request.
- Once approved by the instructor, you will receive a confirmation email.
- We will contact the instructor if we have not received the exam.
- Exams requesting to be emailed back will be processed within 1 business day.
- Students and instructors can follow this link to view the status of all exam requests associated with their UW netID (login required).
To cancel an appointment please call our main office at 608-262-5863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information for Students:
- Requests are to be made at least 7 days in advance of the date you want to take your exam.
- You will need to ask for the UW netID of the instructor or TA who will be approving your request.
- Once you submit a request, an email is automatically sent to your instructor for his/her approval.
- You will get a confirmation email once the request has been approved by your instructor/TA.
- You can view the status of your requests by clicking HERE
- Bring a Photo ID.
- Plan to be at the Test Administration Lab 5 min early to check in.
- Please show up on time; your exam time starts at the time you scheduled and you will not be allowed to make up time if you show up late.
Additional information for Instructors:
- You will receive an email from email@example.com when your student makes a request to take an accommodated test with our office.
- In the email will be links of the dates that the student has requested to take your exams; click the links in the email to review requests. You can also access them by clicking HERE
- We ask that you approve, change, or deny student's requests at least 3 days in advance of the student's requested test dates.
- Approval is necessary for:
- Reserving space and equipment for the student
- Letting us know that you have seen a current McBurney VISA for the student requesting the appointment
- Approving the accommodations the student is requesting
- Providing a contact number at which to reach you if the student has any questions during the exam
- Letting us know how you plan on getting the exam to us and how you would like it returned